Meet Jennifer Hale...The beaded jewelry artist who won the Grand Prize in the first jewelry making contest on making-beaded-jewelry.com!
1) When did you start making jewelry and why?
I started making jewelry almost three years ago as gifts for family and friends for Christmas.
Several people asked me to make pieces for them and they offered to pay me so it grew from there!
2) Where do you get your inspiration from for making jewelry?
I get my inspiration from everywhere, other peoples jewelry, color schemes, the outdoors, movies, magazines, and anywhere I see something that makes me think, Oooh, someone could wear that!!
3) What is/are your favorite jewelry making technique(s)?
I don't have a favorite, but I am learning to work with wire and it is wonderful!
4) What is/are your most favorite bead(s) to work with?
Hmm, that's a hard one! I love to mix them up! Seed beads with larger beads, metal and glass!!
1) When did you start selling jewelry?
I started selling my jewelry in January of 2009.
2) What do you most enjoy about selling jewelry?
I like seeing people smile when they wear my pieces!
3) What type of jewelry customer do you sell to?
I sell to anyone and everyone who is interested.
4) Where you sell your jewelry?
I have a store front on addoway.com. You can find me by typing jewerlybyjen-rae2010 in the search box. I also have a Facebook jewelry page. You can find me under jewelrybyjenrae.
5) What else would you like to share?
I love making special order pieces! I have had several people ask me to re-create a piece that they have found. None of my pieces are exactly the same unless you want them to be!!
Jennifer's foray into selling jewelry started where most of ours did - we make jewelry because we love to then someone sees it and the next thing you know we have a business.
It's great how things just work out!
Whatever you do have fun making beaded jewelry!