Use a larks head knot to make a quick necklace. Beginners to jewelry making and beading will find it easy and addictive!
To make this knot use many different stringing materials like leather, suede or velvet cord, ribbons, even chain.
The knot is easy to tie and makes for a quick jewelry project.
So it's works great for gift giving or for teenagers who want to try making jewelry for themselves or friends.
And what's best is that the knot is reversible.
Your necklace will look great with either side of the knot showing.
You will also need something to tie the knot around. Donut beads work well for this type of knot and makes for easy jewelry making.
1. To make a necklace, begin by folding your cord in half.
Doing this will allow the pendant bead to hang in the center of the necklace.
2. Center the hole of donut pendant bead over the curved end of the cord as shown in the picture below.
3. Using your thumb and index finger, pull the cord through the hole of the bead.
4. Next, bring the two cord ends down and through the loop as shown in the picture below.
5. Now, pull up the two cord ends, tightening the loop around the donut bead.
Back view of knot
6. Add metal cord ends to the ends of each cord, slide jump rings onto their rings and add a lobster claw clasp and you have a necklace.
To see how this is done take look at How to Use Crimp Ends.
Use this functional and somewhat decorative knot to make an easy jewelry necklace by adding crimp ends to the end of the cord.
In your bead jewelry making, I am sure that you will find other ways to make knotted jewelry with this handy beading knot.